Applications are now closed for this tranche of grant awards. The awards have been made - see here for further details…
Good Thinking is keen to encourage grass roots skepticism by offering small grants for projects in the UK and overseas. This year we are offering £5,000, which will be roughly divided into five grants of £1,000 each.
We are looking to fund projects that contribute to skeptical activism, scientific education, promotion of the understanding of evidence and similar themes. If you have a potential project that fits the bill and that you wouldn’t be able to do without some funding, why not apply?
How to apply
Applications are now closed.
Initial applications should arrive by 1st December, 2012. We welcome applications from both inside and outside the UK.
- We will be reluctant to fund salaries.
- After the initial round of applications, a short list of 10 applications will be asked to submit a more detailed application.
- The final decision will be made after a short phone interview.
- The goal is to finalise awards by 15th January, 2013.
- You do not need to apply for the full amount of £1,000.
- Projects should be completed or established sooner rather than later.
- You will be required to provide updates on your project from time to time and upon completion.
Grant awards are entirely at the discretion of Good Thinking and they may elect to grant only part or none of the above sum. Grants will be awarded in good faith and the recipient of the award will be wholly responsible for the management and legality of the ensuing project.