The Good Thinking Society is a small charity, aimed at encouraging rational thought and skeptical enquiry. In order support our activities science writer Simon Singh will be undertaking a series of fundraising lectures. His goal is to raise £20,000 before the end of 2015. If you are interested in booking Simon for one of these lectures, please get in touch.
- Fermat’s Last Theorem – the story of the world’s most notorious maths problem.
- The Code Book – a history of encryption, from Ancient Egypt to the Information Age.
- Big Bang – a history of cosmology.
- Trick or Treatment – an investigation of the evidence for and against alternative medicine.
- The Simpsons & Their Mathematical Secrets – uncovering the complex mathematical references in the world’s most successful TV show.
Simon is willing to talk about the themes behind any of his books, and he is also able to discuss the issue of science and the media. In particular, he is keen to talk about the history of encryption, a lecture that involves a demonstration of Simon’s genuine Enigma cipher machine. Find out more about our fundraising lectures, or get in touch to arrange a talk with Simon.