“Who Wants to Be a Mathematician” is a national high school competition held annually in America, involving more than two thousand students. Back in January 2016, Good Thinking’s Simon Singh was lucky enough to attend the final in Seattle, and in autumn 2016 we worked with Mike Breen, the AMS and Matt Parker to run a UK version of the competition. In 2017 we ran the competition again, with our UK winner attending the international final in California. You can find out what happened in the links at the bottom of the page.
Latest Who Wants to Be a Mathematician news
- September 6th 2018: Who Wants to Be a Mathematician returns for 2018/19
- January 18th 2018: Yuji Okitani competes in Grand Final of Who Wants to Be a Mathematician
- November 24th 2017: Yuji Okitani wins UK ‘Who Wants to Be a Mathematician’ Final
- October 31st 2017: Who Wants to Be a Mathematician finalists announced
- August 17th 2017: Who Wants to Be a Mathematician is back!
- February 16th 2017: Who Wants to Be a Mathematician – UK Final
- November 16th 2016: UK ‘Who Wants to Be a Mathematician’ Finalists Announced
- October 25th 2016: Our First Maths Project – American High School Maths Challenge Now Open to UK Students