At the start of October, Good Thinking asked for nominations to find the best UK science bloggers. Over one hundred blogs were entered. This evening, we’ll be revealing the runners up and presenting the grand prize of £1,000 to the overall winner.
Attending on the night will be a number of the judges, including Ben Goldacre and Simon Singh. Also appearing will be our very special guest, Helen Arney, who will be providing a musical interlude.
However, the main part of the evening will be given over to the short listed bloggers, some of who will be giving brief talks either based around their blog subject or on blogging in general.
The short-listed bloggers are (in no particular order):
- Stuart Clark: Across the Universe
- David Colquhoun: DC’s Improbable Science
- Ed Yong: Not Exactly Rocket Science
- André Tomlin: The Mental Elf
- Suzi Gage: Sifting the Evidence
- Dorothy Bishop: BishopBlog
- Neuroskeptic: Neuroskeptic
- Oliver Childs, Henry Scowcroft & Kat Arney: Cancer Research UK Science Update
- Dean Burnett: Brain Flapping
- Athene Donald: Athene Donald’s Blog
Come along to hear some fascinating talks, applaud the winners but most importantly to show your support for all the science based bloggers in the UK.